The DeGroote School of Business Non-Profit Governance Workshop
In cooperation with United Way of Burlington & Greater Hamilton Presents a series of workshops on Governance. Fall 2013 Workshop: Tuesdays, Oct 15, 2013 to Nov 19, 2013
What is the proposed Governance Workshop for Non-Profit Organizations?
- The Workshops are specifically designed to enhance governance in the not for profit sector using sound business principles as embodied in the Directors’ College at the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University
- Program Leaders: Graduates from the Directors College of DeGroote School of Business at McMaster
- The Workshops will offer a certificate endorsed by the DeGroote School of Business, all six sessions MUST be attended and no make sessions will be available
- There are 6 three hour sessions in this program. Attendance is mandatory at all 6 sessions
- The sessions are 3 hours in length and will run from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm., with light supper at 6:00 pm
- Space is limited – only 35 spaces are available
- Cost is $500 for the entire 6 sessions including course materials and a light supper each evening. Cost for Agencies receiving United Way funding is $300
- Payment must be received a week before the session I. No refunds will be provided.
Who should attend?
- This program is limited to Chairs of Boards, Board Members, CEOs, Executive Directors, and Senior Staff who are committed to raising the standard of excellence in organizational leadership in their organizations
Session 1: Principles of Good Governance – Oct 15, 2013
Session 2: Strategic Leadership – Oct 22, 2013
Session 3: Good Boards Need Good Directors (and CEOs) – Oct 29, 2013
Session 4: Basic Financial Literacy – Nov 5, 2013
Session 5: Risk Management (Directors & Officers) – Nov 12, 2013
Session 6: Roles and Responsibilities of the Board – Nov 19, 2013
To register for this program, please contact Debbie Lydon at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 905-635-3138
- 1005 Skyview Drive Burlington (just off North Service Road – West off Brant Street)
- Please note the address – this is not at the DeGroote School of Business Building
- Please park at the South side of the building and enter through the door leading to the cafe to the King George Room