UNITED WAY DAY
Join us in celebrating United Way day 2015, on Oct 1st. Take part in spreading the United Way message and have fun with the community. Here are just a few idea’s you can do in your work place. Remember to fill out the form below to let us know how you plan to CELEBRATE.
COMMUNITY PARTNERS PARTICIPATING IN UNITED WAY DAY
THANK YOU TO OUR 2015 PRIZE SPONSORS
|Heron Creek Yoga|
|Moksha Yoga Burlington|
|The Other Bird Group Restaurant|
|Upper James Toyota|
United Way Day Ideas:
- Red Inspired Potluck Lunch: Invite your staff to participate in a red inspired potluck lunch! Staff to prepare dishes to meet over lunch and share. Recipes may include: red pepper dip, red velvet cupcakes, red potato salad, Spanish rice… visit Google and brainstorm some delicious red inspired recipes!
- Red Office Decoration Challenge: Challenge staff to an office decoration contest – using the colour red! Balloons, banners, flags, tablecloths – go wild!
- United Way Day Car Wash: Organize a staff car wash in your parking lot on United Way Day to show your support – no charge or, no charge for cars that are (you guessed it), RED!
- Red Inspired BBQ: A great way for staff to come together and show support is to invite them to a red inspired barbecue. Make sure you have red plates, napkins and utensils – and don’t forget the ketchup!
- Red Pancake Breakfast: Start United Way Day off right by inviting your staff to enjoy some delicious red pancakes (food dye is a magical thing) topped with strawberries.
- Office Mini Golf: Have your staff show their support by engaging in office mini golf! Staff can make their own holes out of office supplies.
- Red Balloon Surprise: At lunch have staff participate in popping red balloons to reveal a small prize inside!
- Red Inspired Superhero’s: Ask staff to dress up as a superhero who wears red – Spiderman, The Flash and Super Woman (to name a few).
- Red Inspired Bake Sale: Red velvet cupcakes, strawberry cheesecake, and red chocolate chip cookies are just some of many ideas for a red inspired bake sale! Ask staff to prepare and bring their dessert with all proceeds being donated to United Way.
- Red Outfit Challenge: Challenge your staff to see who can wear the most red! Encourage them to be creative with accessories, face paint, and clothing.